Monday, May 31, 2010

This Weekend: Out and About

Anyone who says there is nothing to do in Macon is just plain stupid. Or ignorant. Or lazy and don't make the effort to try. Anyways...

Went to a co-workers wedding (Congrats Katie and Rob!) at the Blacksmith Shop. And as usual, it was beautiful. In fact, it's probably one of my favorite places in town to host an event. The only thing is it's usually quite pricey. but the photograph potential and easy layout- allowing for a great flow of traffic (people traffic, that is) should make it worth it.

Afterward, my husband and I went to Bonefish with friends Jessica and her husband, Wade. It was our first time there, as I prefer to go to independent restaurants. But I will say- it was amazing. After eating at the reception all we had were appetizers but it was tremendously filling and quite good. Since Jessica is pregnant, she and Wade went home while we may our way back downtown to the Tic Toc Room.

Tic Toc is a great place to go anytime for drinks, and to eat as well, but in this case it was for drinks. It reminds me of Cheers in that you can end up in a conversation with anyone and have a great time. Of course I am biased, having worked there in the past. Friends from the wedding met up with us: Josh,. Christine, Meghan, Josh. Danny, and Meghan. (Yes- all of those names are correct.) from the Tic Toc we went on to Asylum

I was SO glad to see old friends from Dea also at Asylum: Eric, Luke, Mary, and Jason. It felt like home seeing old friends. And of course, anyone who hasn't been to Asylum is seriously missing out. It looks nothing like the former Dirty Iguana. The front entrance is a long corridor, which is due to the fact that the building has been shaved to half of its size on the interior. And Cesare and Jason have installed some kind of- I don't want to say T.V. screen, but I don't know what else to call it- wrapping around the inside of the building. My only complaint was the incessant strobe lights. Perhaps I'm getting old, but it gave me a headache. And I was sober.

The only damper on the evening was running into Maneesh Patel, who avoided all my calls to collect the $2,000 he owes the magazine I work for until I threatened to out him on Facebook. That was when he told me he lost $400,000 and was bankrupt. Boo hoo, cry me a river. Obviously, you make poor financial decisions. And obviously you continue to do so, as I saw you out spending plenty of money. Oh wait- I forgot- you told me via text (as you didn't have the balls to call) that you only go where you are taken care of. Just do me a favor and don't bump into me twice next time without saying excuse me. Otherwise, next time I'll let my husband kick your tail like he wanted to.

Enough about that. It was a great night, and if you have yet to go to any of those places you need to get out. Don't wait for the next wedding to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment